EasyPeasie Veggie Fried Rice
Last 10 Articles
- "Veggied-up" Pancakes Recipe
- Surprise Veggie Fries Recipe
- EasyPeasie Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- EasyPeasie Pizza
- EasyPeasie Veggie-Boosted Spaghetti
- EasyPeasie Veggied-Up Cookies
- EasyPeasie Veggie Fried Rice
- EasyPeasie Turmeric Blend Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Popcorn with an EasyPeasie twist
- EasyPeasie Hot Chocolate Recipe
First, here's your quick and "easy peasy" recipe...
Add 2 tablespoons of EasyPeasie Ginger Blend to the pot of rice to add a double dose of veggies and a hint of ginger to your veggie fried rice!
And here's your detailed recipe!
- 2 cups cooked jasmine or basmati rice (preferably left overnight in the fridge)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or sesame oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (like bell peppers, carrots, peas, and corn)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons EasyPeasie Ginger Blend
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional for garnish)
- Prep the Rice: If you're using freshly cooked rice, spread it out on a tray and let it cool for a bit. This helps to get rid of excess moisture and makes your fried rice less mushy.
- Sauté Aromatics: In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Cook Vegetables: Add the mixed vegetables to the skillet and stir-fry for about 5-7 minutes, or until they're tender and have a bit of color.
- Add Rice: Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add the rice to the other side. Stir-fry for a few minutes until the rice is hot and starting to get crispy.
- Add Eggs: Push the rice and vegetables to the side and pour the beaten eggs into the pan. Let them sit for a few seconds and then scramble them until fully cooked.
- Season the Rice: Add the soy sauce or tamari and EasyPeasie Ginger Blend to the skillet. Stir everything together until the rice and veggies are evenly coated and the blend is well distributed.
- Finish and Serve: Remove from heat and stir in the sliced green onions. Transfer to serving dishes and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
Note: EasyPeasie Ginger Blend, with its mix of veggies, ginger, and cinnamon, adds a delightful flavor twist to this classic dish, making it not only delicious but also packed with added nutrition. Enjoy this veggie-fried rice as a side dish or add some protein like chicken, shrimp, or tofu for a complete meal!