The Incredible, Edible, Pea!
Last 10 Articles
- Exercise Tips: Indoor Activities for Rainy Fall Days
- Veggie Power: The Nutritional Benefits of Veggie Powders
- Feeding Challenges: Tips for Parents of Kids with Special Dietary Needs
- Virus Protection: Nutritional Tips to Keep Kids Healthy
- Nutrient-Rich Fall Produce: Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables for Kids
- All About Fiber: Ensuring Your Child Gets Their Daily Dose
- Understanding Green Powders for Kids
- Veggie Palate Priming: A Helpful Tool for Picky Eaters
- Tips on Keeping Kids Active in This Digital Age
- Veggie-Infused Pancakes for Kids: A Delicious Spin on Breakfast
Greetings PeaPod and friends!
We thought it would be great to start our blog with a dialogue about the amazing green pea. “Eat your peas!” is the prototypical phrase that conjures up the vegetable experiences of many childhoods. For us, it also brings back memories of long nights at the dinner table (at our Grandmother’s table, we couldn’t be excused until our plates were clean!).
Well, turns out, our parents and grandparents were right to have wanted peas to be a staple of our diets. Peas have been a favorite legume and food source since ancient times — found in the tombs of Egypt and in the ruins of Troy. Peas are a great source of protein, fiber, iron, folate, vitamin A, vitamin K, and other mineral nutrients like selenium and calcium. For these reasons and more, peas are an essential ingredient in our blends.
For more information on peas, check out the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) household fact sheets, or choosemyplate.gov, the USDA’s website on healthy eating and physical activity. Tell us about some of your childhood veggie experiences (yours or your kids’) here or at #easypeasie.
Eat Your Peas (ie)!
Peas, Love, and Happiness :)