SOS! (Save Our Squash!)
Last 10 Articles
- Sleep-Inducing Warm Milk for Kids
- The Role of Sleep in Children's Health
- Recipe: Kid-Friendly Veggie Burgers
- Nutritional Superheroes: Exploring the Power of Green Powders
- Teaching Kids About Portion Size
- The Benefits of Family Meal Times
- Healthy Eating Habits for Toddlers
- Recipe: Heart-Healthy Beet Hummus
- Valentine's Day Special: Love Your Body with Nutrition
- Picky Eater Problems: How to Deal with Mealtime Challenges
Are you a good steward of your food resources? Stats from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) suggest that we can all do better!
The USDA estimates that 90 billion (billion!!) pounds of edible food are thrown away annually by Americans – a cost of more than $1500 a year for a household of four.
You can probably guess what makes up most of this “thrown away” food. You got it… candy. Just kidding! It’s vegetables :)
The USDA’s Choose My Plate website discusses strategies for reducing food waste – from meal planning to food storage to re-purposing our foods. Many nationwide groups are involved in the movement to reduce food waste, especially that of vegetables.
We here at EasyPeasie offer our veggie blends as part of this movement. EasyPeasie gives you veggies in the best combination of convenience, shelf-life, and great nutrition!
Save the veggies! It’s EasyPeasie!