Gettin’ Picky With It! Picky Eaters
Last 10 Articles
- Exercise Tips: Indoor Activities for Rainy Fall Days
- Veggie Power: The Nutritional Benefits of Veggie Powders
- Feeding Challenges: Tips for Parents of Kids with Special Dietary Needs
- Virus Protection: Nutritional Tips to Keep Kids Healthy
- Nutrient-Rich Fall Produce: Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables for Kids
- All About Fiber: Ensuring Your Child Gets Their Daily Dose
- Understanding Green Powders for Kids
- Veggie Palate Priming: A Helpful Tool for Picky Eaters
- Tips on Keeping Kids Active in This Digital Age
- Veggie-Infused Pancakes for Kids: A Delicious Spin on Breakfast
Those of you who have met us at the farmer’s markets know that we love having fun and talkin’ kids, picky eaters, veggies, palate priming, and creative ways to get those veggies in! If you’ve seen us recently in Parkland, you’ve probably hula-hooped with us too!
This year, we’re resolving to continue having fun :) and get serious about dismantling ‘ picky – eaterdom.’ We’re starting by dissecting our “Ten Tips for Getting Kids to Eat More Veggies.” Refer to our December 2016 blog post for all Ten.
The first tip for picky eaters is — “Eat it Too!”
This one probably doesn’t require explanation, but may require some encouragement :) Don’t forget that our little people are learning how to be big people by watching how we do it. Show them you’ve mastered it!
If you’re an adult who doesn’t LOVE kale, for example (insert throat clearing here), as you eat it with the kids, tell ‘em that! You can say, “I haven’t always loved kale, but I’m learning. Kale is good for us and helps us be healthy and strong.” All true! How hard was that? Don’t be afraid to be honest with them. If there’s one thing my experience as a Pediatrician has taught me about children, it’s that they are very good at sniffing out untruths!
And if you’re really not a veggie liker/lover, it’s not too late to palate-prime yourself! Be an example by using EasyPeasie right along with the kids. Every little bit of veggie nutrition counts, and hopefully we’ll eventually convert both you and the kids :)
Picky Eater Tip #1: Eat it Too — it’s EasyPeasie!